All content site-map & Search> Building plans> Building details> Cooking> Firing ovens> Food nutrients> Flour measures> Oven photos>

back to board Main Page

Re: temperature gauge

From the WFO board

Posted by Rado on May 12, 2004 at 09:25:28:

In Reply to: temperature gauge posted by Andrew on April 15, 2004 at 11:36:46:

Andrew, stainless steel thermometers for the oven can be obtained from chef cook shops. These free standing ones are being put simply on the floor in wood burning ovens where you make athe fire and cook. You can change it's location to any spot inside of your oven finding out how evenly heated is the dome. These are fine and are not too expensive.

Of course then there are also a various digital meters with their's fancy thermocouple sensors placed usually just under the floor surface by drilling a hole into the firebrick, if you wanted to measure dome's temperature in different places you would have to install a few of them, or banding and going under the oven, re-placing the one thermocouple to other spots.

There is not need for any thermometer really, after a very short time you will get used to your oven and youwill do any cooking without a need for the temperature check out. You will notice the atmosphere just by a quick look inside. Please use the bellow page link for an idea on how to find out when is the oven hot enough for cooking.

by Rado Hand on Google+

Oven information

To link to traditional oven from your website, only cut and paste the following code into your web page.
It will appear as: traditional oven