All content site-map & Search> Building plans> Building details> Cooking> Firing ovens> Food nutrients> Flour measures> Oven photos>

back to board Main Page

Re: lime???

From the WFO board

Posted by Rado (

In Reply to: Re: lime??? posted by Berend

Can you please drop me link to the page where I mentioned CaO instead of the hydrated lime - calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2 ??? Or if you could direct me where from this page is linked.

Thanks for that. Sorry to ask this question but I looked at pages and I couldn't find it, but it can be around on another page somewhere. I usually describe the lime as building material sold in general building yards that is common hydrated lime - calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2 ... used for making mortar, also cements, white wash, or plasters and called also slaked lime.

I cannot recollect writing about "unslaked lime (CaO)" unless it's in the help with Equivalent refractory materials and sources respect, as it can be slaked at home over some weeks (with cautions of course not to get burned) so people in countries where building lime ready in bags isn t sold they can get lime from many other sources (if needed) because it's used everywhere ... i bet in Antarktica too if there are many birds ;o)

Re: lime???

by Rado Hand on Google+

Oven information

To link to traditional oven from your website, only cut and paste the following code into your web page.
It will appear as: traditional oven